Consultations with Children and Teenagers
Who I help
Sometimes children are referred to me by a paediatrician to teach them and their parents EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) for managing stress levels and emotional responses such as anxiety and anger. Other times parents approach me without a referral if they have heard of EFT or know of someone I have helped. Amongst others, I work with children who have ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder) which broadly includes Asperger's syndrome and PDA (Pathological Demand Avoidance).
When I see a child or teenager it is with one parent present. The parent will usually play an observer role, but I may on occasion ask them to comment on something or be more involved. There is a benefit in a parent knowing what has been addressed and how EFT has been used. Therefore they can be supportive in any ‘homework’ that I may suggest between sessions.
I find it most beneficial to see a parent, or both parents initially. The reason for this one hour meeting is not only to gain more background, but for you to meet me and understand EFT, so you can support him/her in using it.
The purpose of this meeting is:
- So I can meet you and assess how I might help.
- So you can meet me, ask any questions and decide if you wish to proceed with my approach.
- In most cases parents actually experience EFT for themselves at this meeting.
- Sometimes parents have further sessions themselves to resolve any stress related issues and to deepen their understanding of EFT.
How to prepare for the initial meeting
It is important that parents are ‘on board’ with the way in which I work and the techniques that I use. I will of course answer any queries at our meeting, however it can be valuable to check out the following beforehand:
- View my background and qualifications here.
- View my brief description of EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) here.
- View a YouTube clip about EFT on BBC Midlands Today with Professor Tony Stewart here.
- For the sceptic or person looking for research evidence supporting EFT, there is a wide range of research papers here.
It can save time if you are able to email me a short summary covering the following topics. If you prefer just to cover this when we meet, that’s fine.
- Family background and who is in the household.
- Stress levels in the household.
- Timeline of issues and any previous treatment.
- School issues including favourite/least favourite subjects or teachers.
- Interests or hobbies.
Fees and Working Hours
Consultations are charged at £70 per hour pro rata including the first meeting. The sessions with children are usually kept to 30 0r 45 minutes. Payment are by bank transfer for Zoom/online sessions. This is due in advance and I can provide bank details on request.
My working times are Monday to Friday with the last appointment time being at 5.30pm.
Feel free to get in touch with any questions.
I am based in Kenilworth, Warwickshire, which is convenient for Leamington Spa, Warwick, Coventry, and other areas in the Midlands, UK.